18/05/2014

REVIEW // Revlon ColourStay Foundation


Foundations don't usually impress me at all, it's so difficult finding the right one for my skin tone and type (especially under a budget). That is until I found you, Revlon ColourStay in the shade 110 Ivory. The formulation I have is for combination/oily, which is perfect for me. The shades vary greatly in the range, to suit the very light and darker skin tones. 

Revlon say ''wearable for up to 24 hours'', thankfully, I've never worn makeup for that amount of time, so I can't comment on that. Although, I do know that it does last a very long time, around 8-10 hours on me. Furthermore, ColourStay features SPF of 6, which really is an advantage when transitioning into Summer. After purchasing this in mid February, I have used this foundation straight for a good few months, enough time to get a good feel and opinion on it. ColourStay has been my go-to for a while now, although it is not perfect for me. 





To apply this foundation, I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge which creates the most natural and even base. This sponge is so unique, and does it all - foundation, concealer, primer. Next, i'd quickly buff in the remaining with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, my go to brush that I could not live without. These two brushes definitely work hand-in-hand with the foundation, although, against the matte texture, this technique sometimes feels too harsh buffing in a dryer base.

The only downfalls are that, firstly, I think this foundation, in my opinion, is too matte and feels slightly caked on occasional. So when applying blush/bronzer on top of this base, it doesn't blend as effortlessly as I'd like it to as my face won't be completely even. Also, i'd say this foundation has a light-medium coverage, not to my preferance. I'd rather have a higher coverage as not all my blemishes and redness is covered using this base. Due to this, my dream foundation still hasn't been discovered, any recommendations? I'd love to hear your favourites.


2 comments:

  1. I ordered a RT miracle sponge and I'm very excited to try it! I've heard so many good things about it, it must be good! xo

    MY LATEST POST
    Facebook
    Instagram
    bloglovin
    Twitter
    Youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it a bit dramatic to say that it changed my view on foundations? Because that sponge did !! X

      Delete